Reporting to the Director of the Tool Room, the employee in charge of this position has the primary duty of adjusting and operating all conventional machine tools.
- Studying the specifications of the machined parts, drawings or models and planning the various operations accordingly.
- Calculating the dimensions and tolerances of the part to be manufactured or modified; preparing sketches of execution if necessary;
- Regulating and operating conventional machine tools.
- Verifying the results (inspection) according to the required quality standards.
- Any other related tasks
- Master in machining techniques.
- Experience on conventional machines such as, lathes, milling machines, grinding machines, drills, saws.
- Ability to occasionally provide support and solutions to production.
- Ability in mathematical calculation.
- Ability to read and interpret modification and manufacturing plans.
- Knowledge in heat treatments of steel would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of measurement and verification tools.
- Experience on CNC milling machine and / or Wire EDM would be an asset.
- Master Cam programming experience for CNC and / or Wire EDM milling machines would be an asset.
- Knowledge of punches and dies would be an asset.
- Autonomy and versatility
- Spirit of innovation and improvement
- Adaptation to changes
- Rigor and manual skill
- Ability in communication and teamwork
- Skilled in training and knowledge transfer
- Sense of responsibility