Tripar brings the magic of metal to light. Want to help make us the go to company for metal stamping & fabrication in multiple markets? This is your chance to bring and apply your engineering expertise to a proven leader in the field, advancing all things technical at Tripar; a leader in metal stampings and metal fabrication for over 70 years located in Montreal!
We are seeking a passionate & self-driven Engineering Manager to oversee the company’s technical & estimating teams, in order to support Production, Toolroom, Purchasing & Sales.
The successful Manager should work with and inspire their team to reach their and the company’s goals using their excellent communication & technical skills, be accountable, trustworthy, and always be expanding and applying their industry knowledge.
Reporting to the President, main tasks include;
- Identifying, analyzing, evaluating, proposing & implementing equipment & process changes to improve manufacturing operations.
- Overseeing the Estimating team; responsible for responding to all Requests for Quote (RFQs), identifying risks, options & solutions, to quote in a fast and efficient manner.
- Manufacturing engineering support of won RFQs as new items enter production; overseeing the creation of BOMs, drawings, routings, programs, quality requirements, and any supporting tools, documentation and training needed.
- Overseeing R&D; both process & product development
- Determining project requirements, developing & monitoring team schedules.
- Liaising with team members, Sales, Management (and sometimes with clients) to address any issues and to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Keeping up to date with industry (Metal Stamping and Metal Fabrication) trends and developments.
- Deep knowledge of Metal Stamping and/or Metal Fabrication
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineer or of a similar background
- Experience in a similar management role
- Experience in Solidworks (or other Solids Modeler).
- Excellent technical, DFM, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Bilingual – Master English verbal & written
Additional technical assets:
- PDM experience
- CNC Punch/Laser experience (programming; Trutops for Trumpf & Metalix for Amada)
- R&D or Product Development experience
- Die design experience
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent communication, motivational, interpersonal & problem-solving skills.
- Motivating staff and creating an environment where team members can ask questions, express their opinions and concerns, and be encouraged to offer solutions.
- Promotes continuous improvement
- Capable of reacting quickly and efficiently
- Adapts well to changes
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Focused initiative and responsibility
- Attention to details
- Team player
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.