Ultra Airtight IC Box
October 1, 2017
Ultra Airtight Insulated Ceiling Boxes*
Tripar are pleased to offer our new line of ultra-airtight insulated ceiling (IC) boxes in a variety of sizes, *designed for an airflow rate not exceeding 2 CFM, but achieved 0.2CFM in October 2017 testing, meeting the most stringent regulations:
• Fully caulked corners with UL traceable caulking
• Gasketed mating plaster frame surfaces.
• Gasketed mating surfaces of integral junction box.
• Double ceiling box with 7/16” airspace.
• Galvanized steel construction.
• Holes or other features can be added to suit special requirements.
• Plaster frames available with any hole size or other required features.
Plaster frame sold separately for ease of electrical components assembly, as are interior & exterior junction box covers.
Standard bar hangers (Tripar #1287) fit into integral bar slots of the plaster frames. For a Commercial bar hanger (Tripar #1487 L-Bar), these can be used with the addition of a butterfly bracket (Tripar #1254).